3.26.2014





My family and I had the pleasure of having dinner at Wicket's Bar and Grill in Schaumburg last week and it was quite good. I was first introduced to Wicket's via social media and since I hadn't gone before I decided to place them on my bucket list to try.

Spinach, Artichoke, Fontina Flatbread
Initially I thought that my husband and I would have to wait until date-night in order to checkout Wicket's but a little look at their menu online and I noticed that they had a kids menu.  Intrigued, we visited Wickets on a Thursday evening with the kids.  We honestly felt weird as all hell walking into a "bar and grill" with a toddler and a tween but all of that angst melted away after we were greeted by the hostess and noticed other families with children eating there.

Hot Wing Grilled Cheese
We were immediately seated near the brick oven and greeted by our waiter Pete who was an awesome server and made great recommendations from the menu.  The menu has so many options that you're bound to find a few things that you'll want to try.  Pete suggested that we try a couple of appetizers, we chose beef sliders and  the Spinach, Artichoke, and Fontina cheese Flatbread, for our entrees we ordered a kids slider without the bun for my little one with gluten intolerance, the Bacon Burger, Hot Wing Grilled Cheese, and Wickets Two Skewer Plate; we finished with the Special Sizzling Brownie for dessert.  The Hot Wing Grilled Cheese was so surprisingly delicious, I only ordered it because Pete said that it was awesome; he was so friggin' right.  Although we really enjoyed the whole meal, the highlights were definitely the SAF Flatbread, Hotwing Grilled Cheese, and the Sizzling Brownie.

At the end of our meal we met the chef and asked his inspiration for such a varied menu and he shared with us that the menu was inspired by the heritage of the owners who come from both Indian and Greek backgrounds, his Mexican roots, and some all American classics. 

Beef and Chicken Skewer
There's definitely something for everyone on the menu so I'd recommend Wicket's Bar and Grill for a fun family meal or a casual a night out with friends.



We'd love to know, have you ever visited a kid friendly "bar and grill"? It was a first for us, but we're interested in hearing about your experiences.

Want to keep up with the happenings at Eat The Burbs, follow us on all major social media using handle @EatTheBurbs

Bacon Burger
Sizzling Brownie










*Dinner was complimentary, all opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts