2.28.2014

Sooooooooooo.....

Fat Tuesday is around the corner and many of us are indulging like crazy, some are gearing up for lent, others are just enjoying the revelry that comes along with Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras brings two of my favorite pastries to the forefront! Bakeries all over the Suburbs of Chicago are cranking out Paczki and King Cake and I'm pumped about it. Although I love them both, I'm a bit partial to the King Cake.  I traveled to New Orleans for Mardi Gras every year in my twenties and after experiencing the parades, food, and fun first hand it's the people of New Orleans that I think of at this time of year. The people of New Orleans care deeply about preserving tradition and although I don't go every year anymore, I have to pick up a few King Cakes during this season as a nod to tradition.


What's your favorite, Paczki or King Cake? Which bakery, restaurant, or bar has the best in the Chicago Suburbs?

Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow @eattheburbs on all social media sites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts