3.11.2014

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of being invited to a brunch tasting at Public House - Chicago. I'm so glad that I made time in my schedule to go because Executive Chef Jeremy Tannehill and his team did an amazing job!






They provided quite the spread, including everything from housemade sausage to a wonderfully tasty parfait made with greek yogurt. I was
especially impressed with the sausage; the pork was very well seasoned with the right fat ratio so it was perfectly unctuous and not overly greasy. There was also a turkey sausage sandwich on the menu, something that I normally would stay away from because I'm a total texture-phobe and it usually feels like old crumbled leather in your mouth, well this turkey sausage was actually REALLY good, seasoned well and more importantly it felt like I was eating a normal (pork) sausage! Kudos on the beautifully done sausage chef.


My favorite dish of the day was the crab cake benedict, the crab cake was well done, but the stars for me
were the garlic spinach and the hollandaise! No disrespect to the cake, but I am and always will be a hollandaise fan, so when I have a good one I get all excited and this hollandaise my friends was a good one, so velvety on the tongue!! It actually made me crave hollandaise so much so that I had to make one at home the following morning.


So if you thought that Public House - Chicago was only about beer, then you're in for a great surprise when you try out some of their menu items! You won't be disappointed. 



For the inside scoop on the best restaurants in Chicago and the suburbs be sure to follow Eat The Burbs on all social media using @eattheburbs




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts