8.27.2014

Am I the only one that is stupid happy that Labor Day is around the corner?  









I’m pumped because I get an extra day home to enjoy my kids and my husband pulls out the grill, ‘no cook Mama Monday’ will be in full effect Labor Day.  It's been a tradition in my home for a few years now that I don't cook on Monday's, I get to sit and relax Monday evenings and usually my hubs will cook something or we eat Sunday's leftovers for dinner.  This coming Monday is special because it’s Labor day and he’ll be firing up the charcoal grill.  He’s going to grill sausage, kebabs, corn, and a grilled romaine salad.  I'm totally looking forward to the Kayem pineapple and uncured bacon sausage, we had them on the 4th of July and they were AMAZING.   For Labor Day we picked them up to go along with the corn on the cob that I bought at the Farmers Market.  Our corn gets the Mexican street corn treatment after it's grilled, covered with butter, mayo, cotija cheese, and chile, it’s BEYOND delicious.  It goes perfectly with the sausage, Kayem are naturally cased so they develop the most amazing snap after they are grilled.  I could literally eat a whole package of Kayem, I haven’t tasted a bad flavor yet, but I definitely have my favorite.   I am hungry just thinking about our Labor day eats.  What will you be having? 
photo via seriouseats.com

Please follow Eat The Burbs on all social media using @eattheburbs















*In July our Kayem products were provided by the company in exchange for a review.  
Regardless, I only  recommend products that I will continue to use personally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts